As the Senior Administrative Director, you will be responsible for assisting in the development, continued operations, and planning for multi-physician, single or multi-practice departments for multiple facilities. You will coordinate the resources of multiple administrative disciplines/functions of the hospital in order to fulfill programmatic directions and goals. This includes marketing strategy, physician referral relations, patient satisfaction targets and related measures to achieve total quality improvement. You will ensure the continual efficient and compliant operational performance of the department and all related areas; develop support systems for referrals, assessment and recommendations regarding purchases and staffing; support revenue cycle functions, quality and service excellence initiatives. Responsibilities include:1. Coordinates administrative functions. Plans and supports program development of the department/ division across both North Shore University Hospital and LIJ.
- Coordinating activities including growth objectives, space allocation, procurement of technological equipment, data planning, developing goals and objectives, capital requirements and desired outcomes of programs. Serving as a liaison with administration in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating operations.
- Reviewing comprehensiveness of programs on an ongoing basis and develops strategies for program adaptation to market changes.
- Preparing reports and documents for CON applications. Plans and coordinates construction projects.
- Monitoring program components relative to criteria by regulatory agencies.
- Working in collaboration with the Research Institute to oversee the research operations.
2. Demonstrates ability to manage department/division in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of annual budgets – operational, personnel and capital.
- Develops and presents annual departmental fund budgets for the department, including forecasting of revenue trends and expense analyses.
- Monitors budgetary variances and progress in budget revenue performance, and communicates to department & administration.
- Supports or may assist with key revenue cycle functions, including but not limited to: scheduling, verification of insurance and demographic, co-pay collection, charge capture and referral management.
- Understands the department/division’s fiscal responsibility in supporting research initiatives.
3. Responsible for overseeing daily operations, and for managing all non-clinical personnel in the division and all related areas.
- Hires, trains, disciplines and supervises staff. Evaluates performance and ensures efficiency in their roles. Completes appraisals on a timely basis.
- Oversees scheduling (vacation, holidays) and ensures adequate coverage at all times. Performs related personnel functions.
- Ensures team members understand their roles and responsibilities. Supports continued growth of the team and offers opportunities for advancement.
- Assists in developing and maintaining objectives, policies and procedures to ensure the efficient operation of the department/division.
- to streamline operations and effectively apply new concepts and techniques for positive outcomes. Identifies and implements technology to improve operations.
- Assigns work and ensures that it is carried out correctly and efficiently.
- Maintains accurate and current files on all department budgets, capital equipment request and programs related to operational issues.
- Acts as a liaison between attending physicians, patients, visitor’s guests and staff.
- Demonstrates ability to answer any questions that might arise when dealing with patients, physicians, or any matters regarding the department/division/physician office.
4. Coordinates and oversees the resources of multiple administrative disciplines/ functions:
- Coordinates efforts to prioritize needs of programs across departmental lines.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with administrative leadership, chairs, physicians and other clinical personnel to develop, implement and oversee clinical programs.
- Participates in monitoring and evaluating a program’s inception and performance, and routinely monitors performance per volumes, referrals and trends.
- May collaborate with the Faculty Practice Plan to optimize billing practices and collection of Part B revenues.
- Keeps abreast of all billing, coding and reimbursement related issues as they apply to the division, and facilitates staff education in regard to these changes.
- Structures the appropriate flow of data to insure timely and appropriate management of clinical and financial issues, which may comprise patient care in the department.
- Establishes and maintains a working relationship with the physician staff with respect to their compliance and performance related to billing, coding and regulatory agency standards.
- Oversees and coordinates residency and fellowship programs.
5. Ensures the continual efficient and compliant operational performance of the department/division.
- Ensures compliance with JCAHO, NYS DOH, Public Health Law, Institutional and departmental rules and regulations, and makes certain these are properly and completely addressed in the Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Reviews all changes in various regulatory agency standards and/or public health law, and ensures that these are represented in the Policy and Procedure Manuals (after appropriate review with clinical and/or administrative personnel).
- Ensures department/division adheres to system Corporate Compliance Program, HIPAA regulations and all other regulatory standards.
- Identifies quality benchmarks utilizing regional and national data to monitor programmatic quality and identify opportunities for improvemen
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration or related field, required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience in a senior administrative role.
- Extensive knowledge of the health care marketplace, financial analysis, current reimbursement issues, budgets, and operational analysis required.
Requisition : 002HRU