Job Title: Senior Administrative Asst. Procurement
Location: Austin TX 78702
Duration:12 Months (with strong possibility for an extension)
The Senior Administrative Assistant-Procurement reports directly to the Director, Contracts and Procurement. This position is responsible for a range of administrative support duties to facilitate the day-to-day activities of the Procurement Department. Position requires a high degree of accuracy, discretion, planning, minimal supervision and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Perform internal/external administrative support duties. Interact and communicate with customers, employees, members of the Board of Directors, executive staff, contractors, and elected officials; assist as applicable. Answer multi-line telephone, screen and route calls as appropriate, take and deliver messages, open and distribute mail and greet visitors.
• Draft and place advertisements in local newspapers, audit invoices and process check requests.
• Monitor and maintain bid/proposal receipts and insurance certificates.
• Maintain office supplies and coordinate office equipment maintenance/repair.
• Draft/edit correspondence, memos, letters, and forms and generate a variety of reports, presentation materials and documents for senior management as requested.
• Serve as department requisition processor and purchasing cardholder (P-card).
• Support Buyers and Contracts Administrators with drafting and posting of solicitations, compiling evaluation documents and assists in award process on as-needed basis.
• Serve as department records management coordinator: keep records of documents that are archived, retrieved and returned, oversee retention and destruction of records according to company policy.
• Perform other duties as assigned and/or required.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field. Experience may substitute for education on a year for year basis for up to four (4) years.
• Three (3) years of progressively responsible office support/administrative experience.
• Experienceauditing invoices, preparing spreadsheets, and tracking milestones preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Experience with PowerPoint and Microsoft AX preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to maintain a large workload, in a fast-paced environment and to work on multiple tasks.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships using tact and diplomacy; communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally, and timely produce accurate documents/reports using proper sentence structure, grammar, punctuation and arithmetic.
• Ability to work within established deadlines, to organize large files and maintain accurate logs and records.
• Maintain fiduciary obligation when handling materials and information of a confidential nature.
Waiting for your prompt & positive response.