Job ID 2017-2466
XLA is seeking a Senior Acquisition Subject Matter Expert to support a Department of Defense client in the Arlington area of Northern Virginia. This would be a full-time position with full company benefits.
Duties may include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Assist customer with providing advice and recommendations for all elements to draft acquisition strategies in accordance with agency procedures including approaches, options, strategies, risk, sources, cost estimates, milestone schedules, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of pre-award Performance Work Statements and other related documents.
- Assist program offices in researching and drafting specifications and standards, including developing performance measures, and coordinating requirements documents, to include development of source selection evaluation criteria.
- Review acquisition packages submitted by Agency customers. Requires accessing the appropriate electronic system, printing and consolidatingsupporting documents for the individual actions and conducting a top-level assessment as to whether the packages were submitted properly and with all necessary supporting documentation in accordance with agency guidelines.
- Assist, review and comment on market research in accordance with FAR Part 10 to identify potential sources and contract vehicles.
- Assist in preparation of market research documentation and support customers in documenting small business capability analysis including a record of the results of the effort, and a summary of the possible alternatives in accordance with agency templates and procedures.
- Prepare the sources sought announcement for Contract Specialists to post requirement to FedBizOpps to complete market analysis.
- Assist with preparation of documents such as Determinations and Findings and Justifications for Other Than Full and Open Competition.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field
- At least (10) years of relevant work experience; five (5) years must have been employed by a Department of Defense organization either has a direct hire employee or contractor
- Solid understanding of procuring services and supplies in the commercial marketplace
- Written evidence of either FAC-C level III or DAWIA Contracting Level III certification
- Strong computer, analytical skills and the ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all levels of Government personnel, management staff, Department of Defense (DoD) counterparts, and industry representatives.
- Prior experience in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) policy and procedures, and related legislation
- Ability to assist in the development of procurement packages for variety of services and supplies
- Familiarity with various types of services (i.e., information technology (IT); transportation; interpretation; lodging and program/project management)
- Ability to foster a positive relationship with various customers, DoD Agencies, State Department, Combatant Commanders, Joint Staff, Military Departments and in country Security Assistance Officers
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Active security clearance at the Secret level