LMI has current opportunity for a Senior Acquisition SME to work on site with our client in the McLean, VA area.
As a not-for-profit organization, LMI is a trusted advisor to the government—free from commercial or political bias and dedicated to the mission of advancing government management. At LMI we understand the need for innovative ideas and fresh thinking that can lead to constructive change, better progress, and greater advancements in government management. We seek out the best and brightest minds and strive to maintain an environment that encourages brilliant thought, collaboration, inspiration, and great ideas that leads to excellence at every level. If you are looking for a career opportunity and not just another job LMI is the place for you.
The position will perform oversight of Intelligence Community (IC) planned and on-going Major Systems Acquisition (MSA) Programs, Service Acquisitions (SA) and other Special Interest Acquisitions (SIA). Such oversight will range from quick turn-around, small-scale tasks to longer, broader scope assessments.
Responsibilities will include, but is not limited to:
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on MSA and SIA Programs within the organizations purview to assess program effectiveness within cost, schedule, performance and risk constraints;
- Developing, coordinating and implementing a construct for oversight of SA programs;
- Ensuring Program risk areas (cost, schedule or performance) are appropriately identified, and assessing suitability of proposed risk management approaches;
- Evaluating acquisition and programmatic strategies to ensure sound acquisition practices are employed;
- Developing recommendations for corrective actions when program activity warrants correction;
- Partnering with the appropriate IC and DoD elements to ensure cross-agency programs maximize use of IC resources;
- Providing in-depth studies, assessments and recommendations on IC Acquisition topics of interest;
- Drafting, editing and coordinating oversight reports, briefings or other deliverables in support of congressional mandates and IC requirements;
- Developing and delivering briefings as required to provide the results of any analysis performed;
- Maintaining cognizance of future programs, areas of interest and emerging requirements in support of IC interests;
- Partnering withfellow IC requirements personnel and IC elements to ensure requirements are properly articulated and prioritized, appropriate technologies are considered and cost estimates are comprehensive and realistic.
Requiredqualifications for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Program Management, Acquisition or other related field.
- Fifteen years or more of experience as a Program Manager (PM) or Deputy PM conducting requirements analysis, resource allocation, project costing, deliverable tracking, schedule and financial data monitoring, and reporting.
- Ten years or more of experience as a PM or Deputy PM within the IC developing or reviewing MSA acquisition documentation (e.g. Program Management Plan (PMP), Statement of Capabilities (SOC), Intelligence Capabilities Baseline Description (ICBD), etc.).
- Knowledge of Federal, IC and DoD acquisition policies, laws, procedures and guidance.
- Knowledge of the IC’s structure and IC member organizations’ roles and internal structures for acquisition and program management.
****TS/SCI with polygraph required****
Desiredqualifications for this position:
- Program Management experience in two or more IC or DoD elements.
- Current or prior Program Management Certification (e.g. PMP, FAC-P/PM or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) level 3 certification in Program Management, Engineering or Test & Evaluation).