Location:2727 N Central Ave, Phoenix, Arizona 85004 United States of America
This individual will be under the direction of the Manager Ledger Systems, and will be involved in analyzing output from U-Haul accounting systems that are integral to the monthly ledger close process. Analyze and enhance existing processes to retrieve data for reporting purposes. They will be in a decision making role and will be project based.
1. Reasonable and predictable attendance is essential.
2. Analyze system processes for process improvements and recommendations.
3. Design, test and implement system processes.
4. Work as accounting liaison between accounting users and programming staff.
5. Identify and coordinate development of financial systems program enhancements and modifications.
6. Manage system data. Verify data accuracy initially and monitor as updates or changes occur to ensure data integrity.
7. Generates reports and review for reliability.
8. Plan, coordinate and/or implement user support services such as training, documentation and communications.
9. Analyze user requirements, procedures and problems to automate processing or to improve existing computer system.
10. Write detailed description of user needs, program functions and steps required to develop or modify computer program.
11. Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify, in detail, operations to be performed by equipment and computer programs and operations to be performed by system personnel.
12. Work as a lead on assigned projects and make decisions on behalf of the Ledger Systems group.
13. Review work of Ledger Systems personnel for accuracy
EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field or the equivalent in experience.
EXPERIENCE: 5-10 years’ experience in analytics, computers and/or accounting experience required. Experience creating flow charts and process documentation highly preferred.
Expert-level knowledge of computer systems and functionality, especially Excel and at least one accounting system. Prefer Access and SQL experience. Must have excellent research and analysis skills, have the ability to work both in a group and independently, and be detailed oriented. Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written), be able to multi-task and take initiative with projects. Must have excellent time management skills and be able to shift workload as necessary due to changing priorities. Must have the ability to think analytically and to act tactically. Must have SAP and Development.