Headquartered in the Central Florida city of Lakeland, Summit employs over 700 office and field associates at its main location and regional offices in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and Gainesville, Georgia.
As the people who know workers’ comp, we strive to provide an atmosphere of constant growth and development for our employees.
Summit provides workers’ compensation programs and services to thousands of employers throughout the Southeast.
Summit is a member of Great American Insurance Group, a company that focuses on building relationships and linking people to various career paths. Whether it’s underwriting, claims, accounting, IT, legal, or customer service, Great American Insurance Group combines a small-company entrepreneurial atmosphere with big- company expertise.
- Compiles, consolidates and analyzes accounting and finance information for the production of statements, schedules, filings, and reports of a complex nature.
- Responsible for the complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and for the development of financial statements and reports.
- Analyzes trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenues, expenses and recommend improvements to current processes.
- Conducts and documents complex financial and business related analyses in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital and investments.
- May be assigned analysis in support of organization’s or subsidiary’s annual budget process, expense / service fee / staffing forecasts, or statistical reporting, including financial performance, variance explanations and cost analysis.
- Conducts special studies and develops and implements accounting methods and procedures.
- Manages relationships between the accounting group and other departments, locations, divisions and external customers.
- Provides technical advice, assistance and training to lower level positions, management and other functional areas.
- May lead the work of others (mentors, prioritizes, delegates and reviews assignments).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Field of Study: Accounting, Finance or a related discipline
- Experience: 8 or more years of related experience including 4 to 6 in insurance accounting. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and insurance related certifications (Program in General (INS), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), etc.) are preferred