Reporting to an Accounting Operations Manager, the Sr. Accounting Operations Specialist is an individual contributor role within the HR Controllers group ensuring that transactions are properly accounted for and reported in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and the bank’s policies and procedures. The role will be responsible for the accounting/reporting of specific areas supported by the group, which include payroll, bonus compensation, stock compensation, deferred compensation, and health, pension, 401(k), other postretirement, and disability benefits.
- Prepare journal entries, including complex allocations to support GAAP, management, and legal entity accounting.
- Support the month-end close process coordinated by Corporate Accounting, including researching and providing variance analyses and identifying and escalating significant or unusual transactions.
- Reconcile and certify general ledger account balances on a monthly basis.
- Prepare SEC, regulatory, parent company reporting, and Corporate Tax department requests for information and respond to ad hoc requests.
- Partner with HR and other staff departments to ensure complete and timely documentation flow and implementation of new business or systems requirements having accounting or financialreporting impacts.
- Support compliance activities, including SOX, external and internal audits, and regulatory exams.
- Prepare benefit planfinancial statements, depending on the area supported.
- Assist manager with various projects as needed.
- 7-10 years of experience, including public accounting and/or accounting operational experience, preferably in a financial institution or mid to large size public company.
- Human Resources accounting experience a plus but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA (helpful but not required)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a focus on internal customers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced Excel skills (ability to develop and maintain complex Excel workbooks).
- Well-developed problem solving skills to facilitate problem identification, generation of alternative solutions, and adaptation to changing situations.
- Ability to work independently, while at the same timely closely coordinating with the rest of the HR Controllers team.
Requisition #: 10021026-WD