At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on, results-driven Senior Accounting Manager to be a key leader in our rapidly growing Finance organization. This position will play a key role in continuing to build out and manage the regional accounting function in Columbus. The ideal candidate must be a proven leader with the ability to develop and manage a team while collaborating both cross-functionally and withr emote Finance team members. This role reports to the Assistant Controller.
What You'll Do
- Manage the North America general accounting functions, including operation of the general ledger system, journal entries, and month-end close activities while maintaining effective internal controls todrive compliance with SOX requirements.
- Manage the North America procure to pay and payroll teams, partnering with the functional leaders toidentify best practices for the local and global process teams.
- Partner with external and internal auditors to ensure timely completion of audit requests, and aid in the research and analysis of audit issues raised.
- Support the tax organization with the quarterly tax provision and sales tax filing process.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing processes, and where appropriate design and implement new processes, policies, and procedures to enable greater efficiency and a better customer experience.
- Collaborate with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Develop and coach the North America regional accounting team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 8+ years of progressive accounting experience in a publicly traded company environment, with at least 3 of the years in a management position.
- Excellent understanding of current US GAAP accounting.
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to meet deadlines as necessary and work additional hours as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to Have
- CPA or MBA
- Public Accounting experience
- Experience with NetSuite and Coupa
- Software industry experience a plus
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Discounted gym membership