Novolex™ employs over 7,000 people across the globe. From our iconic corporate headquarters in South Carolina… to our 46 world-class manufacturing sites… to our new state of the art professional center near Charlotte… we strive to be the employer of choice in the global packaging industry. Novolex™ Careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth. Our team is rich in diversity and our culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork in all we do.
Senior Accounting Manager – Bagcraft/Deluxe
This position is responsible for assisting in the management of our Accounting Operations group for the Deluxe business, which includes business unit accounting, inventory accounting, internal controls, managing financialaudits, Canadian Taxes and financial reporting. The Bagcraft business is comprised of 12 plants in the U.S. and Canada with annual revenues of approximately $570M. This position is in Montreal Quebec, Canada reports to the Business Unit Controller – Bagcraft in Chicago Illinois, USA.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Broad-based financial leadership role with exposure to a wide range of responsibilities including support of all Bagcraft facilities, inventory control processes and cost accounting procedures, monthly accounting and reporting, financial analysis, technical accounting issues, Canadian Tax and internal controls
- Responsible for various aspects of business segment accounting including the preparation and/or review of account reconciliations, financial statements, roll forwards, and support of the consolidation process.
- Interface with Financial Planning and Analysis team to assist in providing analysis to management on monthly financial results, including the integration of both financial and operational metrics to ensure the accuracy of plant financial reporting
- Maintain local ERP ledgers for domestic and international operations and reconcile to Hyperion financial statements
- Establish and maintain comprehensive internal controls compliance program, including design, implementation, testing, and assessment that will meet SOX 404 requirements
- Analyze and account for foreign exchange impact for international locations
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external audit teams to ensure effective utilization of resources
- Participate in the annual budget process, including balance sheet planning
- Assist in managing monthly close of accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Assist and manage tax compliance process (sales/use tax, personal/property taxes and Canadian tax)
- Drive continuous improvement in the areas of accounting operations and financial reportingprocesses/systems
- Liaise with IT function to assure proper IT controls for processes managed by the position
- Assist in integration activities related to key areas of responsibility
- Responsible for the management and career development of accounting department staff
- Assist in the implementing and maintaining of multiple corporate initiatives with direct exposure and reporting to senior management
- Latitude to suggest and implement improvements in the accounting and finance areas
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance. Master’s preferred.
- U.S. CPA (Canadian CA) or CMA preferred or helpful
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in accounting management or senior management for a manufacturing company, or management experience with a public accounting firm
- Well rounded experience in Corporate Accounting including a deep understanding of Financial Reporting (US GAAP), Capital, Corporate Tax & Audit
- Excellent judgment and decision-making ability
- Ability to successfully work to reach company goals in an environment in which a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Proven mentor that increases staff performance, skills, abilities and experience
- Results driven, analytical, self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to logically identify solutions or approaches to complex problems
About the Company
- Novolex™ is North America’s leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- The leadership of Novolex’s packaging brands sprouts from innovation, a diversity of products and markets, and a dedication to sustainability and quality.
- The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Burrows Paper, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, General Packaging® Products, and Heritage Bag®.
- Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex™ brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex™ is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 46 manufacturing facilities around the globe, including the worlds’ largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 7,000 employees in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
- Novolex™ focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex™ product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- The company rebranded under the name Novolex™ in November 2014. The change signifies a number of great companies coming together under a new name focused on delivering value to our customers, suppliers and employees through broader product categories and markets. Novolex’s family of packaging brands creates value and synergies by covering the full spectrum of retailer and institutional companies packaging requirements.
- The Novolex™ name is based on the Latin “NOVO” for new and “LEX” a tip of the hat to Hilex Poly, the first brand to become part of the family. The blue and red of our logo represents the integration of both paper and plastic into our sustainability platform with red and blue being the legacy corporate colors of Hilex Poly® and Duro Bag® respectively.
- Novolex’s™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission
Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community