Our client a leading manufacturing company is seeking a Senior Accounting Manager to lead their accounting department. The Senior Accounting Manager will report to the CFO and work closely with the Vice President, Finance & Control. He/she will be responsible for Treasury and Cash Management, General Accounting and Financial Analysis. This position includes coordinating and processing daily treasury transactions, accounting responsibilities and performing analysis and corrective action recommendation where required in a continuous improvement environment. This position requires strong accounting, written and verbal communication and organizational skills. This role will also assist with accounting processes across our new and future acquisitions
- Lead month-end close duties including preparation of journal entries and reconciliation of cash/treasury accounts
- Carry out daily treasury duties
- Execute International banking transactions including letters of credit for business units
- Review and provide recommendations for updates to finance policies
- Ability to perform project work and financial analysis including business unit requests
- Ensure accuracy of data and maintains Capital Appropriation Request database
- Responsible for travel and procurement card administration, including coordination with business unit administrators and execution of Concur T&E transactions (clear reports, verify funding, reconcile accounting entries, troubleshoot)
- Prepare, review and publish financialreports
- Lead and support the company's ERP system including new system implementations
- Support due diligence and integration of new acquisitions as applicable
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts on a scheduled basis.
- Responsible for the budgeting, forecasting and monitoring of working capital and project margins
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financialreports or statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Coordinate and complete annual audits as the main POC for external audit
- Oversee process of AP, AR, Cash Application and Payroll via the accounting supervisor
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
The successful candidate must have a bachelor?s degree in Accounting. The right candidate should be a self-starter with a track record of success and strong interpersonal skills. This person should have the ability to be an individual contributor and also work well in a team environment.
- A minimum of 7years of public accounting and financial analysisexperience.
- CPA, Master of Science in accounting or taxpreferred
- High level of Excel skills with proficiency in Word and PowerPoint
- ERP experience including implementation helpful
- Ability to multi task with multiple projects and customers (internally and externally)