Senior Accounting Manager
Leading food manufacturer with a long track record of producing and selling highly successful products internationally is looking for anskilled Accounting Manager candidate who will thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
A key member of the accounting team responsible for providing financial results and insights into the company?s financial performance by leading the overall monthly close process, creating processes and formats for all critical accounting cycles, overseeing all A/P financial transactions from invoice entry through vendor payment, liaising directly with the external and internal auditors providing schedules and supporting documentation when needed, and managing staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Hands-on oversight and management of the general accounting and accounts payable teams including supervision, training and professional development of team members.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual close procedures to ensure the accuracy of the company?s financial results and facilitate the generation of divisional and consolidated financial statements in a timely manner.
- Frequent interaction and collaboration with various internal and external business partners and multiple manufacturing plants to ensure that financial transactions are appropriately accounted for.
- Proactive communication and transparency of all company financial, business and/or internal control issues.
- Develop and document processes and procedures that are in compliance with U.S., GAAP, IFRS and corporate accounting policies and maintain appropriate segregation of duties.
- Recommend and implement best practices regarding accounting policies and procedures as well as systems and processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting close and otherfinance operations.
- Support the filing of company reports and/or data as required by tax and/or regulatory agencies.
- Assist in researching complex accounting issues and implementation of procedures to ensure that transactions are properly recorded under U.S. GAAP and IFRS.
- Lead assigned projects and collaborates with cross-functional team members in delivering high quality, reliable, decision ready information to business partners.
- Act as a primary point of contact for external audit, internal control auditors, and parent company accounting representatives.
- Preparing and/or reviewing workpapers, journal entries and reconciliations to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Extended hours during close weeks as well as quarter-end and year-end will be required.
- Occasional travel to various plant sites may be required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor?s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience. A combination of public accounting and food industry is preferred.
- Recent demonstrated ability to lead and manage an accounting team and drive continuous process improvement in a complex and challenging environment.
- SAP, BPC, and Microsoft Dynamics AX experience strongly preferred. Advanced Excel skills required.
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and IFRS requirements and experience managing external and internal audit activities.
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to synthesize complex information from data, policies, procedures and/or regulations, identify accounting and operational issues and formulate solution alternatives, and design and implement treatment, workflow, and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to efficiently provide high quality work.
- Unquestionable integrity and judgment.
- Ability to work in a quickly changing environment and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities to successfully meet tight deadlines.
- Strong contributor in a team environment, with the ability to balance team and individual viewpoints and responsibilities.