Senior Accounting Analyst - Specialized Accounting
Specialized Accounting Operations is part of the Financial Controller’s group that covers a diverse collection of corporate accounting responsibilities.
Ideal candidates will have experience in accounting for HR and benefits, IT/software, construction in process/fixed assets or similar areas to help us serve internal customers.
Responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures in analyzing financial information, preparing accurate and timely financialreports. Responsible for ensuring appropriate accounting control procedures and executing routine and recurring complex accounting functions for BancWest Corporation and subsidiaries.
Essential Job Functions
1. Review and analyze accuracy of data from general ledger and various financial systems and provide in-depth business analysis, research and response to questions regarding financial information for Bank of the West and subsidiaries, BancWest Corporation and subsidiaries.
2. Primary responsibility is to ensure the accuracy of the general ledger data by developing, executing and documenting complex accounting functions and processes, applying extensive specialized knowledge.
3. Will provide functional advice in accounting policy and procedures, while making recommendations and implementation for accounting processes and procedures.
4. As a result of research and analysis, will recommend, implement or communicate practices and procedures for financial control; Ensures all inter-company accounts eliminate properly in final consolidation.
5. Analyze, review and verify accuracy of account balances and classifications.
6. Develops and maintains appropriate schedules and models for accruals, eliminations, securities, amortization and other accounting transactions, implementing automations and leveraging various systems where beneficial.
7. Review changes in balances to identify potential errors and risk, assisting business units in correction of errors and developing enhanced control processes.
8. Analyze, develop, validate and execute variety of financial reports to communicate results, trends and issues, incorporating statistical and ration analysis as well as other necessary management accounting review.
9. Working with management and business units to identify needs and requirements, recommending prioritizations and alternative solutions to resolve of conflicting needs of various departments.
10. Provide support to staff conducting routine accounting functions including but not limited to, month end close support, budget support, preparation of journal entries, invoice processing, amortization schedules, accruals, elimination and consolidation entries, account reconciliations, and certifications of balance sheet accounts as assigned
11. Duties also include providing support, recommendations and/or training to lower level accounting positions and non-accountants, including backup support for routine accounting functions.
12. Maintains familiarity with changes in US GAAP and other pertinent regulatory requirements.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.