Responsible for managing and leading the year-end audit process for clients contracted with Zenith, in addition, performing financial accounting and analysis for trust and corporate funds.
"Has minimum necessary access to Protected Health Information (PHI) and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) by Job Description/Role."
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes monthly financial statements as well manage the year-end audit process for clients contracted to Zenith, including preparation and input of journal entries, balance sheet and income statement reconciliations, bank reconciliations, investment disclosures and contribution analysis, and preparing financial statements.
- Serves as the primary contact for audit inquiries, problems and exceptions related to the review all financial reporting.
- Oversees quality and quantity of work produced ensuring that appropriate quality and production internal service level agreements have been met. Perform analysis of the financial statements.
- Oversees internal systems, policies and procedures to ensure trust accounting operations are in compliance with client needs, new developments, regulations, and reporting requirements.
- Resolves escalated trust accounting issues for customer/client. Leads regular update meetings with the client.
- Maintains regular communication and effective working relationships with outside auditors and agencies, management, ZAS Internal Departments (including client services and all other operational units) as well as clients, government agencies, unions, participants, attorneys, and consultants.
- Functions as the department subject matter expert in a defined financial accounting specialty area, including, but not limited to: taxes and tax balancing, accrual accounting and technical and software applications.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable. CPA preferred.
- 5 or more years of employee benefits operations management and client services experience.
- 3 to 5 years of related accounting experience. Prior audit experience of employee benefits or pension trust funds preferred. Prior experience in TPA, insurance or related industry preferred. Prior experience in Taft-Hartley trust administration preferred.
- Prior experience using automated accounting systems (Sage/Peachtree preferred).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Demonstrated communication, analytical and presentation skills required.
- Requires regular contact with outside auditors and agencies, customers, and/or the general public, supplying or seeking information on complex matters that requires an extensive knowledge of the subject matter.
- May be responsible for orienting and training others, and reviewing their work.
- A self-starter with ability to work well independently
- Read and comprehend detailed instructions, complex correspondence, and memos.
- Strong organizational skills
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ZAS's Mission, Vision & Values
As a member of the ZAS team, each employee agrees to embrace and live out the mission, vision and core values of ZAS. The values we live and work by are:
- We focus on relationships
- We take risks thoughtfully
- Ethical behavior
- Performance and accountability
- We strive to win, but not at all costs
Zenith American Solutions, Inc.