ASYMCA is seeking a seasoned Senior Accountant for a full-time position at our Killeen, TX branch. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for all accounting functions, including general accounting, billing, A/R, A/P, financial reporting, cash management, consolidations, and taxes. The Senior Accountant will be tasked with implementing systems, controls and processes to prepare the company for continued growth.
The Senior Accountant will report to the Executive Director of the ASYMCA Killeen, TX branch.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required
- Non-profit accounting experience preferred
- Minimum 10 years total experience including at least two years leading corporate accounting teams
- Recent demonstrated progressive experience
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to apply a positive team approach to produce quality results in an efficient manner
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Experience with Intacct accounting system a plus
- Oversee all activities and functions of accounting at the Killeen branch, including the month-end close process, accounting operations, financial reporting, payroll and cash management.
- Produce and issue timely and complete consolidating financial statements.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Set priorities and goals.
- Train and mentor members of the management team on financial responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain corporate accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure conformance with GAAP and internal accounting and reporting guidelines.
- Serve as the key technical accounting resource for the branch.
- Ensure complete and accurate tax compliance and tax accounting.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls to verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Ensure accounting systems and processes are continually streamlined via process improvement and automation to achieve greater efficiencies and accuracy in the level and timeliness of reporting.
- Ensure that operational and design effectiveness of internal controls is maintained.
- Support the Executive Director and the National HQ on key financial decisions.
- Take the lead role at the branch for audit preparation for the National organization.