The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller. As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for many aspects of general ledger-related activities ranging from proper application of US GAAP for accounting transactions, preparing GL account reconciliations, the monthly close and providing financial reporting in a fast-paced, non-traditional environment. You will also work with FP&A and other cross functional teams when preparing the expense accruals. We are looking for someone who has excellent problem-solving skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support our continued success.
This is a role with tremendous growth opportunity and high internal executive visibility.
Be a part of a thriving company with both an entrepreneurial spirit and the experience of an industry leader!
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the business operations, financial reporting and the general ledger structure for all of Vitech’s legal entities.
- Assist in leading Vitech’s efforts to modernize, centralize and manage the Corporate Accounting team and performing the following tasks across all legal entities.
- Perform assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger closing processes
- Prepare journal entries and monthly account reconciliations
- Assist in the development of financial statements and reports
- Provide support or act as accounting lead in enterprise-wide initiatives and assist in other special projects, including tax projects, system upgrades and implementations.
- Contribute to the efficiency of the Corporate Accounting team by participating in cross training, sharing job responsibilities, and serving as position backup for other team members.
- Build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Develop and maintain appropriate internal accounting controls, systems, and procedures to ensure both timely and accurate financial reports.
- Document policies, procedures and workflows for their areas of responsibility.
- Develop and implement process improvement initiatives making accounting processes more accurate and efficient while maintaining and enhancing business reporting initiatives.
- Lead efforts to improve and shorten the consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing process.
- Assist the Controller and finance leadership with multiple other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, through a mix of public and private.
- Experienced with accounting concepts related to the software industry and international accounting is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability working cross-functionally and cross-geography with diverse groups.
- Strong written and oral communication and ability to relate and communicate effectively across all levels of staff inside and outside the department.
- Hands-on, energetic, organized, team player with proven ability to adapt quickly in a changing environment and facilitate change, multitask effectively and work independently.
- Ability to prioritize projects, quickly determine the requirements to accomplish them, and analyze the processes to figure out how to simplify, automate, and improve them for increased efficiency.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information and a sense of strong business ethics.