Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation seeking an energetic, professional and highly-organized Senior Accountant to work in North Mankato, MN.
The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Supervisor and will require a diverse skillset that includes: high proficiency in technical accounting, accurate and detailed balance sheet reconciliations, efficient and timely month-end and annual close, robust audit support and attention to detail, adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), continual process improvements, and investigative ad hoc analysis.
The ideal candidate will have at least six years of recent, direct accounting experience in a multi-subsidiary setting specializing in highly detailed reconciliations and investigative ad hoc analysis to ensure accurate, reliable financial reporting. This position requires strong attention to detail and initiative-taking.
- Partner with business leaders to develop and monitor annual budgets, monthly forecasts and month-end reporting of actual results, including variance analysis to forecast and budget.
- Analyze, summarize and report financial performance, KPI’s and trends for operating companies and corporate infrastructure to be presented to Executive leadership team members.
- Provide business/financial analysis and decision support to management to allow valuation of alternatives, make fact-based decisions, and evaluate the results of decisions.
- Perform month-end financial close activities including preparation and/or review of variety of journal entries, reconciliations, analysis and reporting.
- Integral part of processes to drive standardization, refinement and maintenance of the accounting policies, practices, internal controls and operating procedures to ensure the integrity of the Company’s internal control structure.
- Assists and leads projects and initiatives to optimize the effectiveness of existing business applications, technologies and systems, and to build efficiencies and improvements into current business processes.
- Key member of ERP implementation team.
- Participate in audits and coordination with the external auditors.
- Change Agent.
- Other duties as assigned.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required with 6+ years’ General Ledger experience
- Demonstrated experience with Accounting principles and practices with GAAP
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and shifting priorities under tight timeframes.
- Self-starter who can manage projects so that areas of greatest risk are reviewed and issues are covered with management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate with cross-functional teams at all levels of staff and management.
- Team player that thrives in both leadership and individual contributor assignments.
- Highly curious; strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to drives issues to resolution.
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel)