- Set up new contracts in GCS; Input modifications of existing contracts in GCS; (Obtain relevant information from operations, contracts, human resources, and program manager then input it into GCS before the 1st payroll runs. Once entered, ensure supervisor review for accuracy.)
- Review mods from customers for mathematical/funding accuracy; Review mods to subs for mathematical accuracy
- Monitor contract burn rates against funding; Notify Contracts when projects hit 75% of funding
- Monitor Aged Accounts Receivable (AR) and follow up on payments outside of payment terms
- Create and send invoices to program manager for review before sending to customers according to contract terms. Follow-up and resolve with Program Managers on anomalies related to billing. Create Cash Receipt vouchers to record payments in GCS. Set up New Hires in GCS and Deltek T&E
- Process employee terminations in GCS, Deltek T&E and make sure leave balances are correct and paid on time ensuring that state guidelines are followed.
- Process salary and labor category changes in GCS.
- Review time sheets for accuracy and work with Program Managers regarding discrepancies. Import all time sheets into Deltek
- Run a report on leave including LWOP, military and bereavement. Ensure employees are not over or under paid.
- Process payroll each pay period in GCS and ADP.
- Ensures confidentially of fiscal information.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years accounting experience with 2+ years Government Contracting accounting experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Federal Government regulations, contracts and billings, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles required.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Deltek CGS Accounting software, including Deltek Time and Expense.
- Ability to handle a wide range of accounting operations and willingness to perform hands-on work is essential.
- Working knowledge of FAR/ CAS as well as Service Contract Act requirements preferred
- Must be detailed oriented with a high degree of organization, independent judgment, and the ability to make recommendations.
- Excellent oral written and interpersonal communication skills required, must be able to interact with program staff and senior management.