5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Accurate, consistent and complete reconciliations of assigned general ledger accounts
- Timely documentation and clearance of identified variances
- Assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual close activities
- Ad hoc g/l account variance analysis
- Budget variance analysis
- Coordinating, monitoring help in creating (where applicable) and addressing cross-functional ad hoc projects and issues with various departments within Sunrise
- Draft and assist in implementation of key accounting policies, procedures and guidance
- Assist in monitoring the monthly close process and maintaining account, department and business unit trees
- Research and summarize changes and developments in the FASB’s related to accounting issues at Sunrise, as applicable
- Coordinate and prepare various financial reports for corporate entities and ad hoc generation of analysis for internal customers and external auditors
- The ability to successfully work in a team environment, to work across multiple facets of the organization, to assist in the supervision of projects and multitasking is critical in this position. Essential Job Functions:
1. Accounting (50%)
- Work with the Manager of Corporate Oversight team (within Corporate Accounting) to successfully coordinate and implement Sarbanes-Oxley process improvements and eliminate all control gaps.
- Successfully complete all assigned monthly account reconciliations in a timely manner and create a plan of execution (with guidance from the manager when needed) for reconciling variances.
- Track all identified variances to be sure that they clear as anticipated.
- Document process gaps, communicate those gaps, and work through "fixes" to eliminate recurring bottlenecks in the accounting and reporting processes of Sunrise.
- Work with internal GAAP experts to solve complex accounting issues.
- Coordinate new activities as they are assigned, i.e. new reporting and accounting requirements, reconciliations and ad hoc projects.
- Coordinate a diverse and voluminous series of accounting tasks within the general ledger group and with various other departments on a monthly basis
2. Controls (20%)
- Help director and manager keep all Sarbanes-Oxley documents up-to-date reflecting any changes within department’s processes, as applicable to areas assigned.
- Ensure adherence to internal controls and procedures.
- Perform self-reviews of your assigned account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Identify all reconciling variances and provide recommendations to the manager for process improvement when appropriate.
- Work toward using creative and technological solutions to better manage our workflows.
- Create positive, free-flowing communication with the various departments at SSL that actively book to assigned accounts and/or that are affected by allocations and accruals so that variances can be quickly resolved
- Generate / create / analyze an assortment of team reports prepared by self for benefit of internal customers and external auditors
- Coordinate, compile and prepare any new reporting possibilities for internal customers and external auditors
- Generate ad hoc analysis and project work as requested, from implementation to completion This position requires a great deal of contact with many groups within SSL including, but not limited to: Accounts Payable, Payroll, Billing, Treasury, External Reporting, Human Resource and Owner Reporting. Therefore, it is extremely important that the candidate possess solid communication skills.
Qualifications: The SA will work closely each day with the Manager of Corporate Oversight. However, significant decision-making latitude will be expected and encouraged on day-to-day issues that may be resolved by the Senior by working with employees in the various departments at Sunrise Corporate Headquarters. Unusual items may always be brought to the attention of peers and supervisors for further analysis and brainstorming. A. Education Must Have: Four year degree in accounting Additional equivalent experience may not substitute for this level of education. Desired: CPA B. Experience Must Have: At least 5 years on-the-job accounting experience with increasing responsibility Proficiency in a computerized accounting environment Desired: Previous experience with staff supervision Previous experience with PeopleSoft accounting software C. Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Accounting experience in detailed oriented, high volume business General ledger accounting and reconciliation experience in a multi-ownership environment Public Accounting Experience Desire to supervise and assist Strong organizational skills Strong interpersonal skills Strong oral and written communication skills Strong problem-solving skills Team oriented attitude Ability to comfortably work in an intensely deadline-oriented environment Proven proficiency in a PC based accounting environment.