Senior staff accounting position responsible for various activities in General Accounting Group including:
- Assist the coordination, administration, and execution of the accounting process on a monthly basis including analysis of balance sheet & profit & loss accounts.
- Perform accounting activities including journal entries, account reconciliations and sub-ledger maintenance.
- Identify opportunities to improve internal controls, process flows, communication, and effectiveness of accounting area.
- Special projects as required by the department manager.
- Participate in the monthly closing process for assigned tasks and special projects
- Profit and loss account analysis and review to assigned accounts
- Balance sheet account analysis and review to assigned accounts
- Journal entry creation and input through management of schedules and statements
- Communication and interaction with other business departments and foreign entities
- Serve as an integral part of the monthly close process; complete balance sheet reconciliations and record journal entries as needed
- Analyze data to identify inaccuracies and drive corrections to processes as needed
- Assist in gathering information for audits
- Foreign account analysis, templates, and communication
- Assist with acquisitions and mergers with financial account analysis and input entries
- Assist with financial reporting requirements including footnotes.
- General account analysis and reconciliations on a monthly basis; corrections as necessary
- Special projects as required
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years experience in financial analysis/accounting position
- Experience with Excel.
- Experience working in framework of monthly closing processes.
- Employee must possess a thorough knowledge of accounting theories and practices.
- Excellent writing and communication skills are necessary.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, are required. Oracle experience preferred.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple and competing tasks must be shown.
- Proven ability to implement procedures and controls.
- Attention to detail, plus strong analytical and time management skills required.
- Acquisition Accounting and/or Joint Venture Accounting (preferred)
Empowerment, decision making, and problem solving authority
- Employee must demonstrate the ability to work independently and to properly perform the daily functions of this position.
- Employee will be required to interpret the internal control and accounting policies, procedures and practices of the Company and learn to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the policies, procedures and practices.
- Employee will be required to develop thoughtful conclusions and demonstrate rational decision making processes; in addition, employee will also have opportunities to develop ideas as a participant in team projects.