Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in schools, homes or other community settings. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other agencies.
This position requires 7 years of experience in budgeting, financial and business-related analysis, financial reporting, preferably in a behavioral health setting. Should have experience in various financial functions: general accounting; account receivables; accounts payable; financial reporting and analysis; billing and county billing interface.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting or finance. CPA preferred.
- Seven years' experience including exposure to financial reporting, budgeting, general accounting, analysis, accounts payable, accounts receivable, preferably in a behavior health setting. Knowledge of Counties DMH Systems preferred.
License or Certification:
- Valid California driver's license and CPA.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience with Medi-Cal and County billing and reimbursement systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Advance Excel and Sage 100 with Sage Intelligence Reporting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational and management skills Ability and willingness to contribute to agency quality efforts.
New employees are expected to be able to demonstrate competence in the job duties listed on the following page(s) within 90 days.
- Supervise and train all General Accountants in the following areas:
- Budget preparation.
- Month-end close.
- General Ledger accounts analysis.
- Review of AP Coding and Payroll.
- Monthly Balance Sheet analysis.
- Will assist the General Accountants as time permits with the following:
- Preparation of monthly financial statements by the 10th business day of the following month - including the following:
- Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts: bank accounts, accounts payable, prepaid expenses, payroll advances, fixed assets, accounts payable, accrued expenses, accrued payroll, deferred charges and inter-company accounts.
- Posting of revenue for the programs.
- Prepare Cost Reports for all Counties who have contracts in the Northern CA Region.
- Prepare annual and quarterly Negotiating Package for Fresno County DMH programs.
- Analyze and help prepare RFP (Request for Proposals) budgets and documents.
- Prepare monthly remittance reports to actual billings and budget.
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of UOS billed vs. paid.
- Responsible for monitoring contract requirements.
- Responsible for reviewing and modifying all the budgets prior to the April 15th deadline.
- Collects appropriate data and assists with the preparation of the annual business property tax reports (571) for all entities.
- Prepares various written ad hoc reports for the Administrator, the corporate office, and outside agencies.
- Prepare schedules and documents for County auditors and outside CPA auditors (audit binders).
- Attend county meetings and trainings as required.
- Review income and expense accounts for unusual items.