5 - 7 years experience • Biotech/Pharma
Henderson Harbor Group is a premier executive search and consulting firm with specialized expertise in Finance, Accounting and Tax placement. The search division recruits highly skilled professionals on a direct hire basis. We primarily service our clients in the NY an NJ area as well nationally through our AAFA network (45 financial staffing affiliates throughout the U.S. and Canada).
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company headquartered in Somerset, NJ and they are looking for a Senior Accountant. The specific function for this role is to properly account for gross sales and other critical function for the monthly close process.
Salary Range: $85,000 - $100,000 + B
- Perform monthly calculation of the required Cash Discount balance sheet reserve using the Company's Accounts Receivable trial balance including assessing the reasonableness of the monthly expense as percentage of gross sales
- Maintain communications with the Brand Sales team for guidance on understanding fluctuations in claims data and the impact on the accrual rate
- The individual will have high visibility to the Vice President, Controller and be responsible for collaborating with business leaders to provide technical accounting guidance on strategic transactions, assessing accounting ramifications, developing position papers and determining appropriate conclusions
- Participation with both internal and external auditors in support of the review and audit of the Company’s financial results as well as for compliance with SOX requirements.
- Analyze Rx market tracking data to determine if any additional conclusions can be made regarding the appropriateness of the Product Return balance sheet reserve
- 4 + years experience in a pharmaceutical company
- Prior gross to net accounting experience
- CPA A+
If Interested, please email a resume to Dan Conroy at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then review the qualifications and follow up with additional questions and potential face to face screening if there is interest.