Summary and Essential Duties
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the timley completion and review of month, quarterly, and yearly close activities, and preparing ad-hoc analysis as related to the General Ledger
- Timely completion and review of close responsibilties. This includes preparing and reviewing journal entries (50+ manual JE’s) and related reconciliations for Intercompany accounts, Balance sheet accounts, including Fixed Assets, miscellaneous Receivables, Prepaid Expenses, and various Expense accruals. Preparing and reviewing the Departmental Expense Reports and P&L for upper management. Preparing Lease reports and miscellaneous schedules. Measured by accuracy and timeliness of close, completing in 4 business days.
- Manage the post close Corporate reporting that is required within one business day after close. Reporting includes P&L, ROA, and Metrics. Measured by accuracy and timeliness of report preparation.
- Be the main accounting liason to certain business partners, communicating month end results and variance analysis research. Measured by timeliness and accuracy of information.
- Maintain and create new financialreports in Global Spreadsheet server (very similar to FRX reporting). Measured by accuracy of reports.
- Assist in preparation and review of monthly financialreports. Specifically, Income Statements, Cash Flows, ROA, Divisional Financial Package, Customer Profitability, Team Statements, and Customer P&L’s. Reporting of above statements is a combination of Excel, Access, Global, and Business Intelligence (Oracle). Measured by timeliness and accuracy of reports.
- Prepare and review year end taxschedules for real and property. Measured by timeliness and accuracy of reports.
- Prepare and review year end audit lead schedules. Measured by timeliness and accuracy of reports.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget. The budget process consist of 100+ Excel files that are linked to one another and roll up into our mastertemplate, and the company compiles budget information on a detailed customer level. Reporting requirements include, but are not limited to, P&L, Balance Sheet, Leases, Fixed Assets, ROA, Cash Flow, and Corporate schedules. Measured by timeliness and accuracy of reports.
- Continous improvement of accounting processes and increasing team efficiency.
- Be a mentor to general accountants on team. Assist in review of general accounts' work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 5-7 years’ work experience in a related field
- Must be able to work the hours required to meet our tight deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and switch gears seamlessly
- Must be able to handle stress well
- Proven ability to prioritize workload, multi task and problem solve is a must in this position
- Strong people skills is a must in this position
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written to all levels within the organization