5 - 7 years experience • Patient Care
This position will perform accounting, reporting and financial analysis as assigned for the enterprise, with a focus on accounting for Revenue and Accounts Receivables; ensure timely and accurate financial statement reporting for Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP), tax and other regulatory reporting; conduct independent accounting-based research and complex analytical projects; support internal and external audits of our client and its subsidiaries; develop and maintain working relationships with operational departments and external vendors; provide leadership to our accounting staff; require active participation; and support our budget process. If assigned to work on federal contracts, this role may be required to undergo and pass a security background clearance per federal government regulations.
Qualifications of the Senior Accountant
Minimum Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting or related field or equivalent experience
- Masters Degree Accounting or related field
Minimum Knowledge/Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated broad-based knowledge of GAAP, thorough understanding of accounting cycle and compile a full set of financial statements.
- Working knowledge of complex financial transaction flow within operational and financial systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Thinks independently, provides leadership to staff accountants, acts decisively and self-directed.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Proven analytical ability working with complex matters, excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Identifies and solves complex problems.
All minimum requirements plus:
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and financialreporting; GAAP and SAP.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) systems.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Knowledge of healthcare and insurance industry regulations.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- 5years Accounting and financialreporting experience
- 5years Accounting and financialreporting experience in a large healthcare or insurance industry setting
- At time of hire CPA license
Compensation for the Senior Accountant
- Salary for the Senior Accountant $61,303 - $95,019
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Standard
More information about the job
Is Relocation Available? No
Is there a bonus structure?4%
Are you open to sponsorship? No
This position is: Backfill
Is there a possibility to work remote? No
Is there equity? No
Are there flexible work hours? No
Does this position have direct reports? No
Who does this position report to? Accounting Manager, Financial Accounting
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
- Preparing Financial Packages for Execs, Prep consolidated Financial Statements, Prepare cash flow statement/balance sheets.
- Financial Reporting!
- Strong reconcilliations
- Min 5years experience in large, complex org.
What is exciting about this opportunity? Our client is aggressively growing in Washington.