About the role
PetDesk is growing quickly and is ready to take the next step in its accounting evolution. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for managing the company's accounting process and take ownership of its ERP systems. Your talents will be used to prepare and consolidate financial statements, analyze and reconcile accounts, analyze cash flow, build budgets and forecasts, and handle internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. The full-time role will require superb analytical skills and cross-functional collaboration in a fun, fast-paced environment.
Apply if you're excited to:
- Own the conversion and management of accounting systems from QuickBooks to a more robust solution, such as NetSuite or Intaact.
- Continuously modernize PetDesk's accounting practices, ensuring the integrity of the accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions in a timely manner to meet our investor and bank covenants.
- Close financial statements in compliance with US GAAP in a timely fashion, while preparing and recording asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts and the general ledger by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions to resolve discrepancies.
- Assist in annual 3rd party audits by delivering flowcharts, narratives, roll forward schedules, and accounting technical memos within strict audit timelines.
- Prepare information for PetDesk's tax accountants to complete and file all state and federal tax returns, including sales tax returns where applicable, in adherence to the tax calendar.
- CPA with 5+ years of professional experience between large national accounting firms ("Big 4" or large national firm) and private industry with a SaaS revenue model focusing on technology.
- Experience in the conversion and implementation of ERP systems to NetSuite or Intaact in a SaaS environment.
- Experience with 3rd party GAAP audits for revenue streams of at least $2-5M+.
- Strong proficiency in recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions for A/P, A/R, fixed assets, debt, budgets, general ledger, purchasing, month-end, and year-end close cycles, payroll, corporate taxes and sales and use tax.
- Team player, positive attitude, and extremely detail oriented with a self-starting mindset to deliver on deadlines, and continuously ask questions in a fast-paced setting.