As a leader in the accounting department, the Senior Accountant assists with timely financial reporting, oversees accounts payable functions, supervises 2 team members, performs account analysis and reconciliations, and prepares consolidation reports. The position reports to the Accounting Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Oversee Accounts Payable functions
- Manage expense reporting process
- Supervise 2 team members
- Heavy month-end, quarter-end and year-end close
- Prepare and enter journal entries
- Prepare monthly accruals
- Prepare bank and GL account reconciliations
- Prepare consolidation reports
- Interact with internal/external auditors and provide documentation upon request
- Prepare Sales/Use Tax Returns
- Other tasks or projects assigned by the Accounting Manager or CFO
· Appropriate department policies and procedures are developed and updated as needed.
· Completion of tasks in a timely manner in order to meet deadlines
· Department personnel are effective and efficient.
· Positive business relations exist with management and external auditors
· Others as set by Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- General knowledge of a broad array of business practices.
- Minimum of 4 years general accounting experience.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Great Plains experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills.