Less than 5 years experience • Financial Services
The Fahrenheit Group is seeking a Senior Accountant for our Richmond-based client, RiverFront Investment Group, LLC.
The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller and will be responsible for assets, liabilities, revenue, and expenses by compiling and analyzing account information.
Responsibilities will also include maintaining and balancing subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions, as well as resolving discrepancies.
This is an excellent opportunity, offering competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package!
RiverFront Investment Group, LLC, is an independent SEC-registered investment advisor headquartered in Richmond, Va., managing more than $5 billion in a series of global tactical asset allocation separate accounts and mutual fund portfolios. The firm utilizes a dynamic investment approach that is flexible and risk-managed with uncommon transparency. Majority owned by its employees, the firm provides asset management, investment advice, and leading-edge market insights. RiverFront is consistently named as one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia by Virginia Business and Best Companies Group.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Prepare and enter all General Ledger (GL) entries
- Reconcile all major GL accounts
- Manage all daily banking transactions
- Process all check printing and mailing
- Process semi-monthly and bi-weekly payrolls
- Assist with annual external audit and tax preparation
- Maintain insurance payments
- Assist with cash flow planning
- Maintain leases and contracts
- Review and process expense reports
- Prepare quarterly allocations for Investment Funds
- Monthly tracking and reconciliations of investments
- Manage fixed asset ledger – additions/disposals and depreciation
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 3 to 5+ years in Accounting
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- Motivated self-starter
- Advanced level Excel experience
- Ability to track and reconcile a large number of investment fund balances
- Willingness to put in extra effort and work overtime as needed
- Experienceworking with GL and AP/AR software
- Excellent verbal, written communication