Working within a team of finance and accounting professionals and reporting to the Manager of Revenue Accounting, the Senior Accountant provides accounting, reporting, analytical and decision support to management by developing, interpreting and implementing financial accounting concepts related to revenue recognition and lease accounting for accurate reporting of monthly and quarterly results and detailed financial analyses. The Senior Accountant will also play a significant role in reviewing contracts for revenue recognition and lease accounting implications and overall reasonableness of sales within the organization.
What you will do:
- Review and evaluate complex sales and lease contracts to assess compliance with lease and revenue accounting in accordance with U.S. GAAP and company policies and procedures.
- Assist and work closely with the commercial sales team and customer service representatives regarding contracts, and associated interpretation of contractual language.
- Perform monthly and quarterly close procedures as it relates to revenue recognition and associated balances to ensure company results are reported timely and accurately.
- Provide timely and accurate financial analysis to management for key revenue metrics on a monthly basis.
- Assist in researching revenue, lease accounting and other accounting hot topics, as required.
- Collaborate and work closely with external and internal auditors on their annual audits of the revenue process.
The ideal candidate should possess excellent analytical, collaboration and communication skills, have a solid foundation in accounting concepts beyond revenue recognition and lease accounting, and have the ability to work with a sense of effectiveness and efficiency in this fast-paced and dynamic environment. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop quickly through challenging responsibilities and assignments surrounded by a group of strong and dedicated professionals.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Develops and tracks project plans.
- Streamlines existing processes and recommends value-adding changes.
- Monitors & adheres to policies and procedures and standards relating to accounting and financial analysis
- BA in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting or Finance required with 5+ years of experience or a Masters with 3+ years of experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license & Big 4 accounting firm experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with management and internal customers, and demonstrates a capability to present and explain financial data and analysis to both finance and non-finance audiences.
- Strong research, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and to successfully work independently.
- Advanced and proficient knowledge of Excel and the ability to structure and present data in productive ways.
- Proficient knowledge of Word, and advanced level PC skills.
- Familiarity with Oracle EBS and SAP – Business Planning and Consolidations (BPC) a plus.