This position reports to the Commercial Airplanes Senior Manager of Financial Policy and interacts regularly with key finance and accounting personnel at the Company's business units, management in other functional areas, and the Company's external auditors. This role participates in a team of technical accounting professionals who perform accounting research and develop accounting policies in a complex environment. This includes researching and interpreting generally accepted accounting principles to ensure proper reporting of external financial statements. Specific areas of expertise assigned to this position include performing evaluations of complex transactions involving topics such as cost classification (research & development, inventory, capital, etc...) corporate development activities, reviewing estimates at completion, monitoring and reporting on accounting rulemaking, and serving as a liaison to the Commercial Airplane's programs finance teams, other functional areas, and external auditors.
- Serving as a subject matter expert on various technical accounting matters
- Creation of accounting policies and procedures
- Preparing technical accounting whitepapers and coordinating with external auditors.
- Ensuring continued compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Participating in special projects and other technical accounting matters as they arise
Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years with theory and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- 3+ years working in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Possess a Bachelor's degree or higher in one of the following Business related fields: Accounting or Finance
- Technical accounting experience.