Description: Quidel Corporation is a leading manufacturer of diagnostic healthcare solutions serving to enhance the health and wellbeing of people around the globe with well-known and respected products that provide healthcare professionals with accurate and cost-effective diagnostic information at the point of care (POC). Our core competencies and capabilities focus on immunoassay and molecular testing in the areas of: infectious disease, cardiology women’s health, and virology The Senior Accountant will be a key member responsible for supporting thefinancial close and reporting process, including preparing and posting monthly journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts and the preparation of internal and external financial statements. Responsibilities also include performing technical accounting research, analyzing financial information and reviewing departmental expenses compared to budgets.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries and account reconciliations in accordance with GAAP. Topics may include: prepaid expenses, intercompany transactions, royalties, fixed assets, stock-based compensation and intangible assets.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, identify reconciling items and resolve discrepancies.
- Assist in preparing the monthly internal financialreporting package, including incorporation of such information into Board of Director and Audit Committee packages.
- Prepare supporting schedules and assist with drafting Form 10-Q and Form 10-K.
- Play supporting role in coordinating with external auditors, including tracking audit deliverables, fulfilling requests and answering questions.
- Perform technical research on complex accounting matters and draft memorandums documenting conclusions reached.
- Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes.
- Identify and implement business process improvements.
- Understand and comply with SOX requirements.
- Seven or more years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education, including a minimum of 2 years public accounting experience
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financialreporting.
- Strong analytical and communication skills to convey information effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work with all levels in an organization.
- Ability to distill large amounts of data and translate analysis into useful information in presentations.
- Self-starter. Ability to work and prioritize with little direction.
- High level of accuracy in all work.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite of products, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working withinternational subsidiaries and transfer pricing a plus.
- Experience with accounting ERP systems, Infor LN a plus.
- CPA a plus.
The person in this position must be able to offer solutions to many different issues and must possess excellent decision-making skills. This person must be able to call upon his/her knowledge to make timely and informed decisions and consult on complex technical accounting matters.
Before you apply, please make sure you share Quidel’s values. We pride ourselves on keeping these values in mind every day as we execute on goals and plan for the future. We are seeking employees who share the same mindset and commitment to be customer driven, focused on execution, and new product oriented. We succeed by being determined, optimistic team players.
Quidel is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans).