KMG Chemicals, Inc. produces and distributes specialty chemicals to select markets and is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. With facilities in North America, Europe and Asia, KMG manufactures, formulates and globally distributes specialty chemicals for the Electronics, Industrial Wood Preservation and Industrial Lubricants markets. KMG is the leading North American manufacturer of pentachlorophenol, a specialty chemical used to preserve and protect wooden utility poles in the U.S. and Canada. To learn more about KMG Chemicals, Inc., visit us at KMGChemicals.com.
The Senior Accountant - Projects will plan and execute accounting related projects for the department. Projects may include process improvement, system enhancement/implementation, business development (acquisitions, divestitures and integrations) and implementation of new transactions or new accounting rules. The Senior Accountant - Projects will also assist and support the accounting department as needed in the preparation of the monthly financial statements. This includes, but not limited to performing the posting of journal entries, reconciling financial statement accounts, performing consolidations and the preparation of various ad hoc reports and analysis.
- Identify, plan, coordinate and document special projects for the department with a primary focus on maturing, enhancing and automating current business processes and information flows
- Represent Accounting Department in various system upgrade and new system implementation efforts
- Perform and document testing pre- and post-deployment of any system change or enhancement related to assigned special projects
- Work withReporting groups to evaluate new accounting transactions and new accounting pronouncements and work with the affected group to implement
- Assist in the integration/transition of acquired/divested assets into impacted systems and accounting processes
- Provide end-user support including training
- Perform backup Administrator functions for consolidation processes in BPC (Business Planning and Consolidation) as needed
- Supportmonth-end closing procedures and monthly reconciliation process, and perform and review monthly financial statements fluctuation analysis as necessary
- Prepare various schedules and reports for internal users and external auditors, and provide assistance, as needed with annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Prepare or update accounting policies and/or memos, as required, to document treatment of new or unique transactions
- Performs accounting research and analysis as required
- Documents processes and controls for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance purposes as necessary
- Participates in other projects as required.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or other related program.
- 4+ years of strong Accounting experience
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP
- Experiencewith various SAP modules and accounting reporting systems (BPC or Hyperion)
- Experience in assessing, improving and redesigning or enhancing business processes
- Project Management experience is a nice plus
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- System and data integration experience
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
- SOX and internal controls experience helpful
- CPA or additional certifications helpful
- International accounting experience helpful
- 20% travel to subsidiary locations within the U.S.
- General office and shop work environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, speak and hear. office environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- SAPfinance and accounting module: 4years
- Accounting: 4years
- Project Management: 1year
Required license or certification: