This role will be very hands-on and play an integral part in all aspects of accounting operations and a wide variety of projects as we scale. As a Senior Accountant, you will work closely with the Senior Accounting Manager and other accounting team members on the month-end close process, international accounting & consolidation, audits, reporting, and more.
What you will do:
- Prepare monthly accounting entries for various business transactions, including prepaid assets, PP&E, accruals, equity, allocations, and more.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and reporting schedules, providing commentary and variance analysis.
- Manage inter-company revenue and expense transactions.
- Assist with annual, quarterly, and monthly tax filing.
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of the chart of accounts.
- Lead/participate in process improvements to streamline the monthly financial close process.
- Proactively identify issues and assist in optimizing systems, upgrades, and automation of accounting processes.
- Assist in development and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Assist with financial and tax audits.
- Document and monitor internal controls as part of operational accounting work.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects.
Skills and experience you possess:
- BA/BS or equivalent in accounting or related field.
- 5+ years corporate accounting experience.
- CPA and experience in public accounting a plus.
- Strong experience and knowledge in U.S. GAAP and internal controls.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Detail-oriented and able to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- High level of honesty, integrity, commitment, and responsibility to day to day work.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Quick learner, ability to identify issues and resolve problems.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to complex accounting issues.
- Experience with Intacct, NetSuite, Carta, Bill.com, and Abacus a plus.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Team player, with a positive attitude, who is pro-active and owns accountability.