The Senior Accountant position is responsible for the overall accounting and costing functions, including Audit, Compliance, General Ledger maintenance, Standard Cost system and Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the month-end closing, prepares journal entries and coordinates with the other staff members to ensure complete and accurate ledger integrity.
- Perform Balance Sheet reconciliations to ensure accuracy and integrity of the General Ledger.
- Leads internal and external financialaudits.
- Prepares monthly financial statements complete with variance analysis to budget.
- Assist in the maintenance and integrity of the Standard Cost system with systematic variance analysis to standards.
- Contributes to the process of the Standard Cost Updates and year-end Standard Cost rollup.
- Coordinates with the IT Department for system issues surrounding the GL, Accounts Payable, Invoicing, Inventory, and Standard Costing. Creates new GL accounts as necessary.
- Prepares a Quarterly Balance Sheet review of GL account balances.
- Prepares and Loads financial results to Corporate Consolidation software (Hyperion).
- Prepares governmental reports as required.
- Prepares various Analytical Reports for management and plant operations.
- Meets or exceeds all deadlines.
- Will establish relationships with other Novolex co-workers.
- Business Acumen: possesses an intense curiosity of the business – products, customers, markets; wants to understand how the company operates and the key growth and profitability drivers.
- Strive to exceed deadlines: takes direct action in order to exceed objectives
- Attention to detail: the ability to recognize the component parts of a procedure and to verify the correctness or error
- Results oriented: the ability to identify actions necessary to achieve task completion and obtain results while meeting schedules, deadlines and performance goals.
- Critical thinking: applies knowledge of business and organization in decision-making, understands the interaction of multiple functions and how they are impacted by decisions. Views decisions in context of total company, not just own position or functional team. Considers both short-term and long-term impact of today’s decision.
- Ability to multi task and change priorities: The ability to determine goals and priorities and to assess the multiple actions, time and resources needed to achieve those goals. This may require the ability to make changes with little notice in order to meet deadlines.
Additional experience is a plus:
- Continuous Improvement (CI)
- Advanced Excel
- Hyperion, ESSBASE or Oracle experience
- Sarbanes Oxley
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5-8years accounting experience