This candidate will take full ownership of all aspects of the monthly close. Develop/ improve processes to ensure a strong/ seamless monthly, quarterly and annual close as required. Takes initiative, strong multi-tasker and problem-solver, with excellent communication and project-management skills. EXCELLENT WORK / LIFE BALANCE.
· Develop and implement an efficient monthly closing process that ensures a timely and accurate closing.
· Develop and execute improved process for AMEX corporate card expense processing.
· Conduct ongoing analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and initiates adjusting journal entries after appropriate research of balances.
· Work with the Finance team in implementation of new accounting software, ensuring it meets the needs and enhances the closing and balance sheet functions.
· Support team as needed in other areas including auditsupport, financial analysis and other special projects.
1. Bachelors degree in Accounting plus 5 - 8 years strong accounting experience using accounting software (MIP and Intacct preferred) Public accounting experience a plus.
2. Shows initiative/ self starter/ enthusiastic about technology to bring improvements to processes
3. Proficient in Excel , familiar with Microsoft Outlook, etc.
4. Strong organization skills and able to meet deadlines.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills