Latch is growing dynamically on all fronts, and that means we need more operational strength on our Finance & Accounting team. At Latch, that means applying attention to detail and good judgement when driving financial operations, while delivering the accurate and timely information required to manage our scaling business.
If you are passionate about working cross functionally with teams to manage financialrisk and want to have a significant impact on a fast growing company, we want you on the Finance Team as our Senior Accountant.
The Senior Accountant will have a wide variety of financialresponsibilities. Core responsibilities will relate to revenue recognition, accounts receivable, billing, deferred revenue, sales tax analysis and general accounting and tracking underlying financial data. This role will have significant involvement in the month end close including account reconciliations, report preparation and analytical review.
- Responsible for end-to-end billing process at the inception of the contract and maintaining deferred revenue schedules. Billing process involves using multiple data sources and working with Sales and Operations to ensure accurate reporting.
- Review contracts from a finance perspective pre-sale to determine whether there are terms that impact revenue recognition and/or successful operational execution.
- Ensure revenue recognition is aligned with latest GAAP pronouncements and assist in the implementation of ASC 606.
- Ensure timely customer receivable billings and manage collections with the business.
- Lead sales and use tax process including managing nexus analyses and application of sales tax in customer contracts
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (FP&A, sales, operations, business development) to improve existing processes and support business needs.
- Take ownership of month-end close including account analysis, preparing journal entries, reconciling data and performing analytical activities to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Identify internal control improvement opportunities and enhance operational processes with the goal of shortening month-end close.
- Provide accurate and timely information to management, auditors and other outside parties
- Assist with related special projects and other duties as needed
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Active CPA license
- At least 2 years of experience in Big Four or national public accounting firms and industry, with at least 2 years of hands on-role-specific revenue experience
- Experienced in the application of ASC 606
- Proficiency with technical accounting research and takes initiative to determine accounting impact
- Strong self-starter with the ability to think creatively, solution unexpected issues and work independently to meet deadlines
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize competing priorities appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills
- Passionate about smart access
- Experience at a rapidly growing startup
- Working experience with NetSuite