Summary: As the Senior Accountant, you’ll be responsible for the preparation and coordination of timely and accurate monthly financial statements for a multi-site Medical Practice. As directed by the controller, you will coordinate monthly tasks such as reconciliations, month-end journal entries, and accruals. You will also reconcile and analytically review the balance sheet and income statement for completeness and accuracy. This position also performs additional complex professional accounting activities in compliance with applicable standards and specifications. Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following.Otherduties may be assigned.
- Coordinate all significant aspects of the month-end close
- Compile financialreports for review by controller
- Review and confirm that financial transactions are properly and accurately recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Maintain capital purchases and depreciation schedules
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Follow and review internal procedures and controls
- Assist in Property taxschedules
- Collaborates with co-workers to distribute work in an equitable manner and foster good teamwork.
- Demonstrate and exemplify behavior consistent with MVMG’s core values, vision, and mission.
- Maintain knowledge of company policies and procedures, OSHA and other related regulations and guidelines, and ensure department compliance.
- Attend and complete all required training and development to include annual compliance training.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, finance or related field. 5-10 years of experience in general accounting. Minimum of 2-3 years in full cycle close process. Strong knowledge of GAAP and capital processes. Computer Skills: Must be proficient in the use of multiple accounting software packages, MAS90 preferred. Proficiency in Excel and MS Outlook is required. Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze and communicate general tax and DMG National accounting policies. Ability to write professional correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from providers, managers, and the general public. Must be able to speak clearly and concisely. Mathematical Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical information and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates ability to actively listen to all parties, actively participate in a team environment and collaborate to achieve mutual goals.
- Demonstrates effective teaching techniques, applying adult learning principles
- Ability to work with teammates in a courteous and pleasant manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with a high level of speed and accuracy over long periods of time and stress.
- Ability to perform in an organized and efficient manner, demonstrating adaptability and flexibility.
- Ability to accept responsibility and take initiative to proceed without direct supervision.
- Record of dependability in previous employment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for extended periods of computer work. Requires manual dexterity sufficient for use of a calculator and computer keyboard.