This position is responsible for month-end closing responsibilities including but not limited to journal entries, account reconciliations, expense allocations and system reconciliations. Successful candidate will use independence and judgment to recognize and resolve problems within established policies and procedures and is accountable for the quality, timeliness and accuracy of own work.
- Responsible for month-end closing including journal entries.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Schedules monthly closing for US divisions & reconciles source ERP system to HFM reporting system.
- Completes schedules and reserve analysis.
- Owns and completes monthly negative cash reconciliation process.
- Owns and completes total company intercompany reconciliation.
- Process owner for SOX controls.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly general & administration expenses for corporate functions.
- Prepares and completes monthly allocations.
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc requests as needed.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline.
- 5+ years job specific work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement
- SAP, JD Edwards & HFM Experience (preferred)
- International Accounting (preferred but not required)
- Advance level proficiency with Microsoft Office software package (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Experience in multi-entity international environment
- Ability to interpret and analyze commonly used financial reports including company financial statements, variance reports, etc.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills to interpret and adapt known methods, system procedures or operating concepts to new situations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks with concentration, speed and accuracy to meet deadlines.
- Ability to make sound decisions and resolve problems in a high pressure environment and/or crisis.
- Willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions. Ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas.