Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
Less than 5 years
Posted 73 days ago
Perform functions to maintain the business unit's financialreports, records and general ledger in compliance with GAAP and perform special accounting projects and analyses as requested, working within the limits of established policy.
• Prepare month-end journal entries and assist with the preparation of month-end variance analysis on the Profit & Loss Statement primarily on addressing Labor and G&A accounts, as well as corresponding balance sheet accounts.
• Analyze and reconcile bank statements and general ledger accounts and book appropriate adjusting entries.
• Assist management at the business unit or corporate offices to conduct research, compile and report on data, and perform other special projects as requested.
• May review and code account payable invoices and forward for entry into the accounting system.
• May prepare and file local sales tax returns and license renewal applications.
• Provide worksheets and other documents in response to requests during audit process.
• Perform or assist with any departmental operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
• Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Superior analytical, quantitative and organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to focus attention on detail for sustained periods of time.
• Strong business acumen with the ability to quickly grasp issues and understand strategy.
• Ability to analyze financial data and other records and to recognize trends and anomalies.
• Ability to work independently and make logical, effective decisions with information provided.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities.
•Ability to remain organized and focused during periods of high volume or restricted time limits.
• Demonstrated initiative and ownership orientation.
• Expertise with MS Office software with particularly high level proficiency in Excel.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or a similar discipline required.
• Minimum 3 years' experience in General Accountingrequired.