The Senior Accountant is responsible for preparing general ledger journal entries relating to amortization, accruals, and a variety of other transactions and ensures the entries align with generally accepted accounting principles. The Senior Accountant will have excellent time management skills to ensure all daily and monthly deadlines are met. The Senior Accounting will ensure that all required recurring entries are reviewed and posted timely and that the corporate closing timetable is met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Analyze financial reports and prepare monthly variance memo.
- Review journal entries to ensure accuracy.
- Perform variance analyses and prepare account reconciliations.
- Assist with financial audits.
- Coordinate more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and 5 years’ experience.
- Must have experience in a CPA firm.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint software (Cognos reporting a plus)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-tasks simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational/communication skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ingenuity with the ability to effectively achieve organizational established goals and objectives.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer service and collaborative team environment. Ability to lead and train people.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally or in writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel.