Location: Chatsworth, CA
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the monthly general ledger close, balance sheet and income statement analysis. He/she will be expected to utilize and apply his/her relevant accounting experience and knowledge to perform detailed work and analysis in a challenging, fast-paced environment. This role will be expected to develop thorough understanding of the business, Oracle ERP accounting environment and monthly close process and reconciliations and auditor interaction.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review or complete requiredsupporting schedules, account reconciliations and journal entries related to the month end close in a timely manner;
- Responsible for various accruals and corporate liabilities and other miscellaneous accounts
- Assist in the development and ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare footnote support for reporting requirements
- Provide deliverables for external auditors
- Participate in various ad-hoc projects and analysis for management
- May assist in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report revenue, including deferred revenue, in accordance with the company revenue recognition policy
- Assist in the reporting of the implementation of new GAAP standards, including implementation for related area.
- May generate revenue reports for internal and/or external use
- May be involved in reviewing, tracking and maintaining billing information in the financial systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance with U.S. GAAP and other accounting regulations
- Participate in various ad-hoc projects and analysis.