Auto Plus SM is a U.S.-based leading automotive aftermarket company with over 3,500 employees in over 270 locations throughout the country. On February 4, 2016, Icahn Enterprises L.P. acquired The Pep Boys -- Manny, Moe & Jack with the intent to combine the operations of Pep Boys and Auto Plus. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been a leading automotive aftermarket chain. With over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico, Pep Boys offers name-brand tires; automotive maintenance and repair; parts and expert advice for the Do-It Yourselfer; commercial auto parts delivery; and fleet maintenance and repair. Combined, Auto Plus and Pep Boys (the "Company") have approximately 23,000 employees in over 1,000 locations in the United States and Puerto Rico and $3 billion in annual sales.
Prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports. Responsibilities also include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Reports organization's finances to management, and offers suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review SAP account transactions to ensure proper account use and status, including necessary follow up and documentation to correct inaccuracies in the system on a location by location basis.
- Analytically review the reported results of the business units to ensure compliance with GAAP and reasonableness in comparison to historical information, budgets and forecasts, as well as identifying unusual trends and events.
- Preparation of federal, state and local income and franchise tax returns for multiple entities. Support for federal, state and local tax audits. Assists management with forecast/actual periodic and annual tax provisions.
- Assist in administration of various financial systems, which includes managing system changes and performing system imports and exports, and assist in the training of end users.
- May be asked to lead and coordinate activities of other level accountants, paraprofessional, and/or clerical workers performing accounting tasks.
- Recommends improvements, adaptations, or revisions in the accounting system and procedures.
- Special Ad Hoc projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field.
- MBA Preferred.
- CPA Preferred.
- 5+ Years' experience in an accounting department or corporate analyst function.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel and database applications.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints, handle sensitive date and multi-task so that deadlines can be met.
- High organized and able to prioritize and manage time efficiently with the ability to handle stress in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.