Responsible for an accurate and complete general ledger analysis with the general knowledge of divisions and information flow. Weekly numbers are reviewed by executive committee. The location for this position is in Jessup, MD, but from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other ThorLabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring a complete and accurate General Ledger Analysis
- Support Site Controller in managing AP/AR and Cash Flow, updates numbers weekly
- Develop Yearly P&L and track monthly progress of P&L
- Independently completes monthly financial statements within specified goal
- Administers and Reports gov't project(s) financials
- Administers and Reports quarterly royalty payments
- Drives development project accounting practices thru out engineering / manufacturing development projects
- Completes Special Projects as assigned
- Identifies when new accounts are needed and sets up new general ledger accounts
- Cost control of Capital Projects including major facility construction projects
- Reconciles inventory accounts & COGS
- Create independent verification of inventory value Identifies and implements cost reductions
- Manage Fixed Asset accounting including maintaining depreciation schedules
- Coordinate weekly Inventory cycle count
- Assist Site Controller in preparation of yearly Budget
- Backup AP/AR position
- 2-5 Years related experience in Manufacturing environment
- Familiar with a variety of Accounting concepts, practices, and procedures
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) a plus
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Axapta, Microsoft products or similar ERP systems
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks
- Advanced mathematics and cost accountant skills are required.
- Advance Excel Skills a plus
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.