We are looking for a Senior Accountant to support the global Invoice to Pay (ITP) accounting operations. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of combined month end close, AP and GL experience at a global organization. The position is based in NYC.
What you will do
- Execution of monthly global accounts payable month end close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with IFRS.
- Lead day to day ITP operations with 3rd party provider, be the first escalation point of ITP accounting for all regions.
- Be the 1st reviewer of assigned journals, accounts reconciliations, fluxes, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), 3rd party provider SLA performance, and 3rd party provider weekly/monthly Business Review decks.
- Implement robust review process to track progress and find ways for improvements.
- Support external and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility and help develop/refine ITP accounting processes and procedures.
- Work cross functionally with PTP, RTR, FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Technology and various business owners on policies, processes, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements.
- Assist in ITP accounting integration and acquisitions.
- Mentor, teach and review the work of other supporting members of the ITP team.
- Otherresponsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, system enhancements, user acceptance tests, or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with minimum of 5 years related month end close or AP experience with global company preferable.
- Experience with major ERP system required (Oracle, SAP, Netsuite) and outsourcing.
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong Excel skills, and be comfortable with extremely large volumes of data.
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment a plus.