$80K — $100K *
Conduct tax compliance and planning for federal, state, and international jurisdictions and for ASC740 reporting and quarterly reporting to parent company. Manage audits by tax authorities.
Position is remote, Headquarters offices are located in Montvale, NJ and New York, NY
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Prepare and review federal and international income tax compliance, including international provisions through Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA).
· Prepare and review U.S. Forms 5471, 1118, and 8865, and Canada corporate income tax compliance.
· Perform global tax tasks, including Country-by-Country Reporting in accordance with parent company guidelines.
· Conduct Earnings & Profits analysis.
· Prepare international corporate income tax provision for each reporting entity under IAS and GAAP.
· Identify and research complex aspects of tax consequences of company actions; recommend strategies and policies for reporting facts and minimizing tax burden.
· Interact and develop relationships with business unit staff and outside consultants to support tax compliance, reporting and analyze tax impact of business decisions and resolution of tax issues and audits.
· Propose and develop tax planning strategies or changes due to newly enacted tax law.
· Propose and develop recommendations for improving tax related processes.
· Analyze, monitor, and pursue legislative, regulatory, and judicial, federal and international tax developments.
· Assist with analyzing and defending filing positions with taxing jurisdictions.
· Analyze tax controversy matters and implications.
· Recommend business changes required to adhere to current tax law.
· Propose solutions to management on tax consequences and opportunities in connection with ongoing business activities and proposed transactions with emphasis on tax efficiency and compliance with legal requirements.
· Assist Director, Tax in collaboration with outside consultants to facilitate tax compliance, year-end reporting, as special projects.
· Identify and recommend potential planning and refund ideas to Director, Tax.
· Develop and deliver training to educate staff members regarding related department processes.
· Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field and 5 years in international tax, with current CPA credentials; Master of Tax Degree, a plus
· Excellent knowledge of International Accounting Standards (IAS) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Construction industry experience preferred, specifically in tax and project accounting
· Experience to understand tax laws and effectively communicate tax laws and implications
· Keen analytic ability to review, assess and interpret trends of large quantities of disparate financial data required
· Ability to manage activities, requests, and short-cycle deadlines simultaneously
· Microsoft Office skills with advanced Excel, proficient with financial system applications, SAP, and OneSource
· Professional written and verbal communication skills
· Must be highly organized, able to prioritize competing demands, detail oriented, maintain accuracy, and self-check work
· Lead by example and set standards for performance and behavior; act with integrity and professionalism, strong dedication to teamwork
· Ability to work across functional lines and all levels within organization
· Must have working knowledge of finance policies and procedures and able to identify problems, make recommendations and/or resolve problems to completion
· Flexible to work outside of normal business hours to support international entities as required
· Some travel required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to be mobile and able to reach with hands. Employee frequently uses computer keyboard, occasionally travels both short and long distances via a variety of conveyances, and occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites, office locations, or off-site venues. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views a computer monitor frequently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office. The noise in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally work at construction work sites where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is required to work in compliance with company safety policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
Valid through: 4/16/2021