ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
This isn’t just a business, Happy Money is a Movement. We are the fintech of the future, delivering digitally-native financial tools and services for human happiness™ through its purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers. Happy Money is creating a connected ecosystem of consumer financial products designed to help borrowers become savers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings, and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped over 100,000 members pay off over $2 billion in credit card debt. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has over 300 employees across the U.S. and is headquartered in Orange County, California.
Happy Money. A Happier Future.™
We are open to 100% remote candidates for this position.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Beyond the details, you’ll be dealing with the big picture in the role as well as you articulate what’s happening in our business from an operating expense perspective. You’ll build a strong foundation for your communication skills as you’ll get to interact with key stakeholders all across the Company. You thrive in a community with other passionate thinkers, collaborating at every opportunity. This same collaborative spirit also extends into your desire to work cross functionally to complete deliverables and meet deadlines.
- Day-to-day general ledger maintenance, preparation, and posting of journal entries
- Examine accounting records and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformity to accounting principles
- Participate in the monthly financial close, including journal entry processing, consolidations and general ledger account activity review to
- Ensure financial statement accuracy and adherence to accounting policy and GAAP as required.
- Produce monthly financial statements and other internal and external financial reports as necessary.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations; apply technical knowledge and judgment to ensure accuracy of accounts and timely resolution of reconciling items as required.
- Perform detailed financial analysis (plan vs actual, trend analysis, and managerial based metrics)
- Ability to use technical knowledge to interpret, document and execute key accounting pronouncements
- Review other staff accountants’ work as necessary
- Comfortable with all significant financial processes (order to cash, procure to pay, record to report)
- Update accounting processes and procedures while finding ways to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Liaison internally and externally to key stakeholders on various projects, initiatives, process improvements as needed and assigned
- Assist with A/P and A/R tasks as-needed
- Assist with annual 1099 reporting process, including vendor record management
- Work under the direction of the Accounting Manager and Controller on special projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA Required
- 5+ years' experience in accounting and/or finance field
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and financial reporting concepts
- Strong attention to detail with outstanding organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
BONUS POINTS FOR
- NetSuite proficiency
- Business Intelligence fluency
- Reporting tools expertise