Under limited supervision, provides advanced accounting duties related to the Finance Department to include account receivables, data and account analysis, audit preparation, account reconciliation, and financialreporting in an accurate and timely manner.
- Updates, reviews, reconciles, and manages various accounts, balance sheets, general ledgers, statements, and spreadsheets. Processes required journal entries and fund distributions. Balances and analyzes data in general ledger accounts and other accounting software.
- Analyzes, forecasts, and tracks financialbudget accounts. Conducts variance analysis of accounts.
- Prepares various monthly, quarterly, and annual financialreports. Reviews coding accuracy for assigned accounts. Identifies and reconciles account discrepancies. Conducts audit preparation. Assures compliance with the regulatory standards and policies and procedures of accounting.
- Supervises and schedules assigned staff. Develops goals and priorities, and assigns tasks and projects. Develops staff skills and training plans. Counsels, trains, and coaches assigned staff. Implements corrective actions and conducts performance evaluations. Provides leadership, direction and guidance in accounting procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- Knowledge of applicable computer system software programs.
- Knowledge of general ledger and journal entries, account reconciliation, account payables and account receivables.
- Knowledge of financialbudget account analysis, tracking, and reporting.
- Knowledge of job cost accounting, fixed assets and depreciation, audit preparation, deferred revenue sharing, and allocation funding.
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements and policies and procedures of accounting.
Skill in working independently.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing various software including electronic spreadsheets and database applications.
- Skill in effectively leading staff, and delegating tasks and authority.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Skill in using analytical and research skills in performance of job duties.
- Skill in performing variance analysis of budgeted accounts.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field. Progressively responsible professional/exempt work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for college education.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
Non-Supervisory - Five (5) years of accounting experience. An equivalent combination of relevant education and/or training may be substituted for experience.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The following demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position requires persistent repetitive movements of the hands, wrists and fingers and the ability to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to lift approximately 15 pounds.