Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financialreports required by governmental regulations, and you'll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports -- and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Google's business objectives.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be managing U.S. GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) accounting and reporting responsibilities for Compensation and Benefits. You will review, analyze and interpret financial information. Your technical background and practical experience will ensure that matters are dealt with in an efficient and accurate manner. You will also build strong business relationships with various Finance teams and establish scalable processes to support business growth.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financialprocesses, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Manage monthly close activities and present month-end results to management and controllership of other businesses within Alphabet.
- Establish scalable processes to supportcompensation and benefit structures.
- Collaborate with Compensation and Technical Accounting to ensure that we appropriately account for new initiatives.
- Collaborate with other finance teams within Alphabet for system evaluation and implementation.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent practical experience.
- CPA, CA or other professional accounting accreditation.
- 7 years of experience at a public accounting company or a public multinational technology company.
- Experience with using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Cloud and implementing a new ERP.
- Experience with spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Well-developed business acumen; ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Proven ability to work, lead and drive complex initiatives in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment.
- Developed technical accounting, analytical, project management and process improvement skills.
- Effective communication skills; ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.