Globecomm is a leading connectivity provider of video, voice, and data to the most remote locations on Earth — and under the most treacherous conditions. The company’s comprehensive Satellite, Fiber, Cellular, and CDN infrastructure and services provide robust connectivity over Land, Sea and Air with zero downtime for mission-critical RF and IP communications serving Government, Maritime, Media, Energy, Enterprise, Wireless, and IoT customers in over 100 countries. Along with world-class network system design and integration capabilities, Globecomm specializes in end-to-end hosted and managed services; broadcast and media infrastructure, virtualization, OTT and IPTV solutions; cloud-based services for private network interactive training, distance learning and corporate communications; and Satellite, Wireless, Internet of Things/M2M solutions and services.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the improvement of the financial reporting systems for the company and key accounting functions.
- Prepare journal entries and compile analysis of account information to complete monthly close process, including intercompany eliminations and consolidation.
- Perform variance analysis and prepare account reconciliation.
- Act as liaison with outside auditors on regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assist in drafting financial statements according to US GAAP.
- Research accounting and regulatory issues and present effect on organization.
- Calculate commissions and manage through approval process.
- Maintain commissions tracking data.
- Maintain internal control procedures up to date for all entities.
- Support the finance team with internal and external financial reporting.
- Coordinate projects and initiatives with other members of the finance team or of the Company.
- Support the finance team with ad hoc analysis and special projects.
- Support payroll review process.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent.
- Ability to use software packages to automate the Accounting and Financial reporting process.
- Proficient with Microsoft software packages, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Accounting systems.
- Demonstrate record of achievement in previous roles.
- Ability to successfully perform under tight deadlines and with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dependable, flexible and a team player.
- High attention to detail.
- Possess an unwavering commitment to operational excellence.
- Demonstrate passion, accountability, courage and transparency.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Private accounting experience.
- Big four or large second tier accounting firm experience with public company clients.