Innovative Electrical Testing & Construction (IETC), a Gannett Fleming company located in York, Pennsylvania, seeks a business-oriented Senior Accountant to lead all aspects of the day to day accounting. This is a key management position that reports to and is a business consultant to the President on all business matters.
This is a hands on position and the ideal candidate should have in-depth experience in Accounting, Billing and Payroll with small to midsize, growing companies, preferably in the construction industry.
This position will work out of York, Pennsylvania.
- Solid command of monthly and annual accounting closes and reporting.
- Input journal entries, run reports, adjusting entries and analysis.
- Weekly payroll postings and payroll uploads.
- Oversee billing of invoices and prepare billings as needed
- Ensure internal controls are in place and maintained to assure accuracy of Financials, Billings and Payroll.
- Monthly analysis and reconciliations of key accounting and billing accounts.
- New customer set up and customer updates, and through understanding of customer billing requirements, pricing and contractual requirements.
- Manage a small staff.
- Respond to customer inquiries, problems or billing discrepancies.
- Lead or assist with payroll and HR benefits, new hire on-boarding, and other employment issues.
- Ability to identify procedural deficiencies and implement corrective actions and efficiencies, where necessary.
- Support senior management with special projects and requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ year’s relevant experience, with 2+ of those years in a supervisory role.
- Construction accounting
- Strong, hands on experience with accounting systems having all the modules, G/L, Journal entries, Billing, A/R, A/P, Payroll, Job Cost, etc.
- Strong self-motivated, analytical and problem solving skills and adaptability.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong computer skills with both Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and Accounting systems. New system installations a plus.
- Experience with processing payroll both with an outside payroll service and in house job costing system.
- Quick study with the willingness to learn new systems and the eagerness to grow with the company.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attentions to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- A willingness to take on and effectively handle a wide range of tasks to help streamline the Company’s operations.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position.
No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.