The Senior Accountant, under the direction of the Accounting Manager, prepares a variety of financial analyses and reports, for internal and external purposes, as requested monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Maintains general ledger accounts, creates monthly close journal entries, and completes ad hoc requests as assigned in a timely manner.
- Prepares complete balance sheet and income statement account analyses, with detailed explanations included, in a timely manner.
- Provides sufficient and appropriate supporting documentation for all journal entries.
- Independently identifies, researches, and provides recommendations for resolution to any accounting issues, consistent with a comprehensive understanding of accounting in accordance with GAAP.
- Interprets, communicates, and implements written policies and procedures to meet the needs of a diverse client population.
- Works independently, with broadly defined work objectives, and limited supervision and review of overall results.
- Prepares assigned areas of annual budget in an accurate, timely, and complete manner.
- Provides a sound system of internal assurances and controls for the department.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Assists in Accounts Payable functions.
- Bachelor s Degree in Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensure is preferred, but is not required.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience in professional accounting, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, analyze, and maintain various financial reports.
- Strong understanding of the relationship between income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Team player with excellent oral/written communication skills are essential.
- Possess logical problem solving capabilities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency in Accounting Software packages.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to function under minimal direction.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse group of business professionals at all levels of the organization including management, physicians, support staff, patients, and customers.
- Attention to detail.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of files and reports.
Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Hours are subject to change based on needs of the department
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.