Senior Accountant (Fortune 500 Business Unit)
This position will maintain the accuracy and integrity of the accounting activities related to our manufacturing operations. Major responsibilities include analyzing, reconciling, and controlling inventory, 4-wall manufacturing cost, product margins, and productivity. He/she will manage and improve the recording, reporting, measurement, and analysis of cost and general accounting activities. He/she will assist in the development of the budget/forecast and manage the accounting close cycles. He/she will also responsible for all the financial and SOX audits. The position reports to Plant Controller. This position requires day to day involvement with our Manufacturing Operations, Operations Finance, Controllership and other functional teams.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the accounting system.
- Product reporting and analysis for all manufacturing activities including productivity, capital & department spending, forecasting, budgeting, plant variances and absorption, inventory and operation planning, etc.
- Collect and analyze all plant operating data, and manage month end close activities.
- Oversees accurate monthly balance sheet account reconciliations with timely processing and reporting.
- Support the development of annual budget and monthly forecasting.
- Lead the physical inventory and fixed asset physical.
- Lead Excess & Obsolete (E&O) inventory analysis and support Operations team to reduce E&O risk.
- Provide management team with financialreports/analysis to achieve goals.
- Participates on productivity teams that contribute to cost saving objectives.
- Responsible for oversight and maintenance of SOX internal controls.
- Supports the annual standards cost roll process per company's policy.
- 3 - 5 years experience with Controllership and Operations Finance in a manufacturing environment required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA and/or MBA is preferred
- Excellent skills of Microsoft Office package: expert in Excel
- Experience with ERP systems, SAP experience a plus
- Strong proven communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven matrix environment
- Ability to develop successful working relationship within all levels of management and employees
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage several tasks concurrently